Weekly Report #01
Note: This post was first published as a Slack note.
This is the first weekly report I write for this project, here or anywhere else, and I'm happy to begin this tradition.
New Release (v0.18.0)🔗
- Improved support for JetBrains IDEs (specifically PHPStorm): Now avatar
install generates wrapper shell scripts that can be used by IDEs to use
dockerized interpreters (like PHP or Python) without having to create a
subshell with avatar shell or modify the environment with
source <(avatar export-env).
- Fixed OCI (Docker) images generation, that were broken after a regression.
- Improved documentation, clarified minor details.
Work in Progress (in
dev branch, not released)🔗
- More documentation improvements:
- Added new informative badges to the README.md file.
- Added a "Community" section, linking the Discord space & the Twitter official account.
- New minor clarifications on the "How to install" section.
- Started collaboration with Project Unicorn :smile: .
- Created new Discord workspace!
- We have a first external contributor (work still in progress on error handling, but quite promising 🙂)
Near Future Plans🔗
- Website preparation ( avatar-cli.dev ).
- There are some ongoing discussions with a user on how to use docker-compose configurations to make possible orchestrating complex integration tests with Avatar-CLI. This same functionality was implemented in the old privative predecessor of Avatar-CLI (that was written using Bash), but it cannot be directly ported as it is, since it requires more generality & guarantees of forward-compatibility.